LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

NEWPORT NEWS--Firefighters rescued two dogs from a burning home in Newport News on Thanksgiving night.

Firefighters were called to a townhouse in the 500 block of Bulkeley Place at 8:45 p.m. after a neighbor called to say that smoke detectors were sounding.

They arrived to find smoke coming from the front of the two-story townhome.

No one was home, but crews rescued two dogs .

Because of the smoke damage, the two adults and one child can't stay in the home.

The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical in nature.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wvec.com/story/news/2014/09/10/14838748/