LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

VIRGINIA BEACH -- An outdoor shed in Virginia Beach was destroyed after it caught fire Friday night.

Firefighters responded to the call behind a two-story home in the 3000 block of Cobblestone Drive just after 9 p.m., fire officials said.

A preliminary investigation indicates a utility poles next to the shed came in contact with a tree and sparked the blaze.

The fire burned through the shed and before spreading to a nearby fence.

Firefighters managed to knock the fire down a short time later.

No one was hurt during the ordeal.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wvec.com/story/news/2014/09/10/14865540/