VIRGINIA BEACH-- The holidays took a sad turn for a Virginia Beach family Friday night.
A fire broke out in their home in the 5500 block of Rutledge Road around 7:24 p.m. Luckily everyone in the house at the time got out ok.
Firefighters had the fire under control by around 7:45 p.m. The house's kitchen sustained heavy fire damage and there was smoke damage throughout the rest of the home.
Two adults and 4 children were displaced. Fire personnel also rescued two cats and a dog. There were no injuries.
The fire has been ruled accidental and the Red Cross was called to help the family.