NORFOLK A man is recovering after a kitchen fire at a senior citizens high rise apartment complex.
Saturday around 5:20 p.m. firefighters responded to the Cogic High Rise at the 2400 block Virginia Beach Blvd.
Fire Battalion Julian Williamson says units arrived on scene within scene 3 minutes. Residents were evacuating the structure, as smoke was coming from the third floor. Smoke alarms in the complex sounded to alert occupants.
There are 150 units in the complex.
Williamson explained one woman was evaluated at the scene, but she refused to be taken to the hospital. One man was taken to a local hospital for evaluation.

Read or Share this story: