LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

NEWPORT NEWS -- A family of three was displaced Monday when fire destroyed their Newport News apartment.

Crews could see smoke coming from the two-story apartment in the 500 Block of Logan Place when they arrived around 1 p.m.

Officials say the the fire began in the kitchen and caused significant damage to the apartment. The apartment was condemned.

The cause of the fire is considered accidental, officials said.

Nobody was injured in the fire.


Read or Share this story: http://www.wvec.com/story/news/2014/09/10/14851910/