SUFFOLK -- Four people have been displaced after a cable television installer accidentally drilled into a main feed power line Wednesday, causing an apartment fire in Suffolk.

Crews responded to the 300 block of S. Broad Street around 1:45 p.m.

Officials say the fire originated in an upstairs apartment at the two-story residence.

Neither the installer nor any of the tenants were injured.

Two adults and two children are being assisted by the American Red Cross. Downstairs occupants are also being assisted since there is currently no power to the home.

The cause of the fire was ruled accidental.

Read or Share this story: