NORFOLK -- Another civilian business has been placed on an off-limits list for all service members in Hampton Roads.
Victory Lane Motors, located at 6512 E. Virginia Beach Blvd. in Norfolk was formally placed on the list as of Tuesday, according to military officials.
The business was placed off-limits June 20 to all Navy personnel by Rear Adm. Dixon R. Smith, Commander, Navy Region Mid-Atlantic, following reports of the establishment defrauding customers. That order has since been extended to all service members.
So far, more than 80 service members have been identified as possible victims of these practices. Those who purchased a vehicle from the dealership and didn't receive a title, placed a vehicle on consignment or returned a car after purchasing are encouraged to contact the Department of Motor Vehicles at 757-455-0881.
There are currently nine area businesses off-limits to all members of the armed forces:
- Victory Lane Motors, 6512 E. Virginia Beach Blvd. Norfolk, Va.
- Hampton Pipe and Tobacco, 86 W. Mercury Blvd., Hampton, Va.
- Hampton Pipe and Tobacco, 15435-B Warwick Blvd., Newport News, Va.
- Hampton Pipe and Tobacco, 4796 George Washington Memorial Highway, Hayes, Va.
- Lazy Dayz, 731 J Clyde Morris Blvd., Ste. B, Newport News, Va.
- Lazy Dayz, 839 W. 21st Street, Norfolk, Va.
- Mellow Smoke Tobacco Shop, 1948 Diamond Springs Road, Virginia Beach, Va.
- Outer Edge Gifts, 760-B J. Clyde Morris Blvd., Newport News, Va.
- Blazin Herbs, 85 W Mercury Blvd., Hampton, Va.
The establishments will remain on the off-limits list until conditions change at the establishments.