VIRGINIA BEACH-- Two firefighters were injured while fighting a house fire in Virginia Beach Thursday morning.
Crews responded to the 2100 block of Seabury Circle around 7 a.m.
Battalion Chief Amy Valdez said one firefighter was hospitalized for a shoulder injury and the other had a laceration.
Three adults and two children who live in the home made it out safely but due to significant damage they won't be able to live in the home, Valdez said.
It took crews 30 minutes to put the fire out.
Officials continue to investigate but believe the fire may have been started by a malfunction with the air conditioning unit.