Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions
LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

UPDATE 6/4: Officials say the fire has been ruled accidental. Combustibles stored too close to a water heater caused the fire.
*****

Previous story:
NORFOLK -- Firefighters responded to a two-alarm house fire in Ocean View Monday night.

Crews received the call at a two-story apartment complex in the 1200 block of East Ocean View Avenue around 5:45 p.m., according to Norfolk Battalion Chief Julian Williamson.

All occupants were outside of the building when crews arrived on scene. At least 22 residents were displaced, Williamson said.

13News Now spoke to a tenant who said the fire started inside her unit. She said she wasn't home at the time, but her two teenage sons were. They told her the fire began in the area of the hot water heater.

It is still unclear what sparked the flames. An investigation is now underway.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wvec.com/story/news/2014/09/10/14868848/