VIRGINIA BEACH An elderly couple is pulled from their burning home by a good Samaritan.

Sunday morning around 11:30 a.m., officials say the fire started at a home on Pleasant Hall Dr.

When smoke began pouring out the house, neighbors say a man ran inside to save people. 'He went in, and he got him. The fire was everywhere; the fireman still weren't here yet. Jimmy went in and said 'I'm going to put you on my shoulders.' Carson Stokes said.

Sunday night, crews worked to board up the home. Most of the damage was done to the back of the house. Fire officials say an electrical problem sparked the fire.

Read or Share this story: