LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

VIRGINIABEACH , VA-- Firefighters in V.B have saved a dog overcome by smoke during a small apartment fire Saturday afternoon.

The call came in just after 2 p.m. to 102 Castilian Drive in the Town Center Condominiums, located off of Columbus St. for a small but very smokey kitchen fire. It took Firefighters about five minutes to get it under control.

No one was home at the time, but a neighbor pulled a dog out of the smoke. Firefighters on scene resuscitated the dog, who was then taken to a vet for evaluation.

There was no one hurt and the cause has yet to be released.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wvec.com/story/news/2014/09/09/14820108/