CLEARWATER, Fla. — A very special dolphin celebrated his 18th birthday on Wednesday.
Nicholas, one of three male dolphins at Clearwater Marine Aquarium, celebrated his birthday alongside his new roommate, Hemingway.
The CMA team crafted a dolphin-friendly cake for Nicholas, which included his favorite fish, some jello and ice shapes and his favorite toys like buoys.
Nicholas was found on Christmas Eve in 2002 near Gibsonton. Aquarium staffed estimated he was about six months old at the time.
Earlier this month, Nicholas got a new friend in his enclosure. The 26-year-old Hemingway was rescued in late July 2019 and was treated and cared for at SeaWorld Orlando before arriving at CMA.
Learn more about Nicholas and Hemingway here.
- Bubba Wallace responds after FBI says noose found in stall there as early as Oct. 2019
- Coronavirus in Florida: State breaks another record with more than 5,000 new cases in a day
- NY, NJ and Connecticut to require travelers from COVID-19 hotspots, including Florida, to quarantine for 14 days
- Heat Advisory in effect for parts of the Tampa Bay area
- Police rescue dog left in hot car in Clearwater Beach parking garage
- 'It’s not over:' MacDill reservist who spent months on COVID-19 front lines in NYC returns home with warning
- Dr. Fauci hopeful for COVID-19 vaccine by late 2020, early 2021
- New cases, hospitalizations, deaths: How Florida is doing in its COVID-19 battle
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter