GODDARD, Kan. — A camel, cow and donkey that were found roaming together along a Kansas road have been booked to appear in a Christmas Nativity scene.
The Wichita Eagle reports that the trio will be the celebrity guests Saturday during a holiday event called Happy Hoof-i-days at the Tanganyika Wildlife Park.
Sully the camel, Gus the donkey and Rufus the cow made headlines last month when the Goddard Police Department asked for help in a Facebook post locating the owners of the “three friends traveling together (towards a Northern star).”
Law enforcement later determined that their owner was an employee of the wildlife park, but not before posting to Facebook that if they couldn’t find the owners, they would be “halfway toward a live Nativity this Christmas season.”
What other people are reading right now:
- Amber Alert: 2 children reported missing in Florida
- 2 tornadoes twist road signs, rip off roof in Central Florida
- Hallmark apologizes, says it looks to 'reinstate' gay wedding commercial
- Police identify man accused of masturbating on woman at Walmart
- 12 Christmas light displays to see this year around Tampa Bay