VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. — Author's note: The video above is about new Virginia ABC laws that took effect on July 1.
UPDATE: The Neptune Festival is inviting people to crack open a cold one for the 7th Annual Coastal Craft Beer Festival at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront in August.
People will be able to try a range of national, regional and local Virginia beer, ranging from hoppy and light-bodied to rich and malty brews that organizers say will "please the most discerning of palates."
The festival will take place at Neptune's Park on Atlantic Avenue on Aug. 27 from 1 to 6 p.m. Organizers are planning to limit the number of tickets sold "to keep lines short and sips long."
Which breweries are taking part?
- Alewerks Brewing Company, Virginia
- Back Bay Brewing Co, Virginia
- Bell's Brewery, Michigan
- Blake's Hard Cider Co, Michigan
- Blue Mountain Brewery, Virginia
- Bold Mariner Brewing Company, Virginia
- Bold Rock Hard Cider Company, Virginia
- Cape Charles Brewing Company, Virginia
- Commonwealth Brewing, Virginia
- Devil's Backbone, Virginia
- Elysian Brewing, Washington
- Evil Genius Beer Co, Pennsylvania
- Founders Brewing Co, Michigan
- Golden Road Brewing, California
- Heavy Seas Beer, Maryland
- Kona Brewing Co, Hawaii
- Lagunitas Brewing Company, California
- Legend Brewing Co, Virginia
- New Belgium Brewing Company, Colorado
- New Realm Brewing Company, Virginia
- O'Connor Brewing Co, Virginia
- Sly Clyde Ciderworks, Virginia
- Smartmouth Brewing Company, Virginia
- Southern Tier Brewing Company, New York
- St. George Brewing Company, Virginia
- Starr Hill Brewery, Virginia
- Sweetwater Brewing Company, Georgia
- Victory Brewing Company, Pennsylvania
- Wicked Weed Brewing, North Carolina
- Young Veterans Brewing Company, Virginia
What else will the festival offer?
Food vendors and live music.
If you don't like drinking on an empty stomach, YNot Italian and DaBiscuit will have food trucks on site. And if food and beer weren't enough, musical groups ETC3 and Anthony Rosano & The Conqueroos will be performing.
How can I buy a ticket?
Tickets are available on the Neptune Festival's website.
Advance tickets before Aug. 21 are $45, and the week of tickets are $50 until they sell out. This includes the beer, cider and seltzer tastings throughout the day, as well as a commemorative beer-tasting glass.