NORFOLK, Va. — Sentara is expanding the number of sites where people can opt for drive-thru testing for COVID-19.
The healthcare facility reopened two of its drive-thru COVID-19 screening locations on Thursday after suspending testing due to low supplies.
The health system was able to secure additional testing kits and reopened the screening sites at Sentara Princess Anne Hospital and Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center.
Now, Sentara CarePlex Hospital on Coliseum Drive in Hampton and Military Circle on Military Highway in Norfolk are open for drive-thru screenings.
All four locations will open at 10 a.m. and the screenings will continue until 2 p.m. These hours are updated on a day-by-day basis as the outbreak spreads through the region.
Officials said teams worked "around the clock to secure additional supplies and bring more tests into our community."
The screening and testing had only been running for two days when Sentara announced on Wednesday that it was temporarily suspending the service.
Sentara began offering the drive-thru screenings on March 16.
Before You Head to a Testing Site
Ask yourself these questions:
1. Do you have 2 of the 3 symptoms below?
- Fever (100.4 degrees or higher)
- Shortness of breath
2. In the last month, have you been in contact with someone who was confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19 OR have you traveled internationally or to an area with a known COVID-19 outbreak? (Check the latest high-risk travel areas here.)
If you answered NO to one or both questions:
- Stay home. Continue to follow the CDC recommended prevention methods and monitor for a change in symptoms.
IF you answered YES to both questions:
- If you are below age 60 and have no other health issues, you should stay home and self-quarantine for 14 days. If you have to be out in the community or if your symptoms worsen, come to one of the drive-thru locations to be screened.
If you are over age 60, come to one of our drive-thru screening locations.
Sentara COVID-19 Information
Sentara says citizens can go to its website dedicated to information about the coronavirus.
Officials say if you have symptoms of COVID-19, contact your primary care provider or the Sentara COVID-19 Call Center at 1-833-945-2395 before visiting a Sentara Healthcare location.
If it is not an emergency, stay at home.
If you believe you meet the criteria for testing, call the hospital before arriving to receive proper instructions.