NEWPORT NEWS, Va. — Two people were taken to a local hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire damaged a unit at Patriots Crossing Apartments Saturday morning.
Newport News Fire crews responded to an apartment fire around 5:38 a.m. in the 400 block of Manor Road, officials said.
The fire was quickly extinguished and crews were on scene evaluating affected residents for smoke inhalation.
Two people were taken to Riverside Regional Hospital for smoke inhalation.
Fire officials said the fire was confined to one unit and is still under investigation by the Fire Marshal's Office.