PORTSMOUTH, Va. — Portsmouth Health District and Western Tidewater Health District announced they are moving their vaccination distribution into phase 1c.
All Portsmouth residents in this group should pre-register. You still need an appointment to get a shot.
Under this new phase, many more essential workers are eligible for the vaccine:
- Water, wastewater, and waste removal workers (includes recycling removal workers)
- Housing and Construction
- Food Service
- Transportation and Logistics
- Institutions of Higher Education Faculty/Staff
- Information Technology & Communication
- Legal Services
- Public Safety (engineers)
- Other Public Health Workers
- Barbers, Stylists, Hairdressers
Other localities in Hampton Roads have already moved into this phase including Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Three Rivers Health District.
Anyone who wants a vaccine should pre-register for an appointment by visiting vaccinate.virginia.gov or by calling 877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682) from 8 a.m.-8 p.m., seven days a week.