VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WVEC) -- Virginia Beach Fire Department believes the massive, 2-alarm fire at a storage facility was accidental in nature.

It happened at the Jack Rabbit Storage on Holland Road caught fire just before 7:30 p.m. Crews had to shut down Holland Road for some time while they worked to put out the fire.

Fire officials say eight storage units were heavily damaged. It took crews 40 minutes to get the fire under control.

Some of the people who rent units there rushed over after seeing the fire, worried about their belongings.

"I was like 'Oh my god! My stuff.' I just had an accident with lightning one day, so I said 'Please, no fire'," said Dietra Wright.

There were no reports of injuries.

Due to the large amount of materials in the storage units, specifically the unit where the fire started, the investigation into the fire continues.

Many people told 13News Now they had insurance in case anything happened to their items.

"They cover up to $50,000, so I have renter's insurance along with my car insurance and I've had it for the last 18 years," said Wright.

Experts say most people with renters and homeowners insurance have a plan that extends to storage units.

"Whether it's the business' fault or not, when you store something, you have already signed a release so that you're releasing the facility of any negligence so it would be very difficult to collect," sad Ed Killam with Ware Insurance.

PHOTOS: Jack Rabbit storage facility fire