VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. — The Virginia Beach Fire Department featured a family of three generations of active and future firefighters in a sweet Facebook post.
It was to highlight how to future of the department is strong.
On Monday, the department posted two photos on Facebook showing three generations of Keanes. The pictures captured District Chief Dennis Keane, his grandson Grayson Keane, and is Grayson's dad, Firefighter Matt Keane.
By Tuesday morning the post had over 500 likes.
The Virginia Beach Fire Department's motto is that it's a customer service organization partnering with communities, members, citizens, and visitors to foster the feeling of safety any place, any time, through planning, mitigation, response and restoration.
The City of Virginia Beach has 19 fire stations, 19 fire engines, eight ladder trucks, two technical rescue trucks, three fireboats, a HAZMAT response vehicle, and just about 500-dedicated employees.
More Virginia Beach News:
- RELATED: Virginia Beach opens 2020 community cultural arts grant program
- RELATED: Hunt Club Farms to raise money for the Virginia Beach Tragedy Fund
- RELATED: Virginia Beach non-profit wins big at Baltimore conference
- RELATED: Virginia Beach EMS now equipped with body armor
- RELATED: Virginia Beach neighbors hear out city's $65M plan for cleverly-disguised flood mitigation
- RELATED: Virginia Beach man is crowdfunding to save Pembroke Manor
- RELATED: Virginia Beach school officials consider starting school before Labor Day