VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. — WVEC’s Pembroke Mall SWEEPSTAKES
November 23- December 4, 2020
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, WVEC’s Pembroke Mall Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents of Virginia and North Carolina who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of WVEC Television, LLC (“Sponsor”), TEGNA Inc., Pembroke Mall and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How to Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 6:00 a.m. (E.T.) on Monday, November 23, 2020 and end at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on Friday, December 4, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
Entry. Watch 13News Now Daybreak from 6:00 a.m. (E.T.) until 6:30 a.m. every weekday morning from Monday, November 23 – Friday, December 4 and listen for the keyword of the day. After the keyword airs, visit 13newsnow.com to submit the keyword for the day. Entries for each day must be received by 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) that day in order to be eligible. Participants must correctly give the keyword, give all required information and meet the eligibility requirements stated in these Official Rules[HW1]. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected entries or failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including without limitation, malfunctioning of any telephone connection, network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of preemption that interferes with the sweepstakes process, the sponsor reserves the right to make adjustments to the keyword or call-in process accordingly. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on Friday, December 4, 2020. Limit one entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period[PC2][HW3].
4. Winner Selection. On or about November 28, 2020, five (5) winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries; there will be one (1) drawing from among the eligible entries received on November 23, one (1) drawing from among the eligible entries received on November 24, and so on. On or about December 5, 2020, five (5) winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries; there will be one (1) drawing from among the eligible entries received on November 30, one (1) drawing from among the eligible entries received on December 1, and so on. Only one prize winner per household.
5. Prizes and Odds Ten (10) winners will each receive a two hundred fifty dollar ([HW5]$250) Visa gift card. Prize cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash value. Approximate retail value: $250 per prize.
Restrictions may apply.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be chosen and notified on or about November 28 and December 5.th. Winners must respond to the notification within 48 hours of the date and time on the email or phone call. Failure to respond within such time period, return of email prize notification as undeliverable or failure of winner to respond to the email notification may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize Winners must personally visit the Pembroke Mall Mall Management Office at 4554 Virginia Beach Blvd., #201, Virginia Beach, VA 23462 within three (3) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. (E.T) and 5:00 p.m. (E.T.) weekdays. Valid photo identification may be required by Sponsor. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time, for any reason. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, TEGNA Inc. and Facebook from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. Sponsor is not responsible for the operation of the American Theatre, including closings, cancellations, schedule changes or substitutions.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. “WVEC’s Pembroke Mall Sweepstakes” is sponsored by WVEC-TV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after January 4, 2021) or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “WVEC’s Pembroke Mall Sweepstakes” 613 Woodis Ave Norfolk VA 23510. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Michel Pelletier, email@example.com.