NORFOLK, Va. — DOWNLOAD: 13News Now App
DOWNLOAD: 13News Now Hurricane Guide
As Hampton Road anticipates the effects of category 2 Hurricane Dorian late Thursday night, the Navy announced only mission-essential personnel should report to installations on Friday.
Bases are still open Thursday.
The Commander, Navy Region Mid-Atlantic said in a news release that all naval units should in Hampton Roads to prepare for possible sustained destructive winds within the next 24 hours, and set Tropical Cyclone Conditions of Readiness (TCCOR) Two (II) as a precautionary measure in response to Hurricane Dorian.
Norfolk Naval Shipyard personnel should contact their chain of command for specific reporting procedures.
NNSY will be conducting normal operations Friday.
All personnel should report on time as scheduled.
Personnel and their families should review their Navy Family Accountability and Assessment System (NFAAS) account and review hurricane checklists in the event an evacuation is deemed necessary.
Hurricane Dorian News:
- RELATED: Virginia Department of Transportation prepares for Dorian
- RELATED: Sentara Healthcare implements hospital, facility-specific emergency management plan
- RELATED: Lime scooters, Pace bikes taken off Norfolk streets ahead of Dorian
- RELATED: Getting Ready for Dorian: Outer Banks, coastal Virginia residents, businesses begin boarding up
- RELATED: Volunteers along NC coast helping elderly prep their homes for Hurricane Dorian
- RELATED: Navy: Hampton Roads-based ships, aircraft leaving area ahead of Dorian's arrival