RADFORD, Va. (AP) - Court records say authorities who found a Virginia freshman unresponsive in a Radford University dorm were responding to a report of an alcohol poisoning.
The college in southwest Virginia has said 19-year-old Jacob B. Terry's death is being investigated as an accident, but few other details have been released.
Citing a search warrant filed in circuit court, The Roanoke Times and WSLS-TV report authorities were called to a dorm room early Tuesday morning because of an alcohol poisoning.
The warrant says Terry "displayed signs of extreme intoxication" and was unconscious.
He was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Police searched the room for evidence related to the purchase or possession of alcohol. According to the warrant, they seized vodka, fortified wine and other unknown liquids.