A woman from Indianapolis live-streamed video of her boyfriend who was shot by police in Falcon Heights Wednesday.

Diamond Reynolds, aka: Lavish Reynolds, posted the video from inside of a car right after a police officer shot her boyfriend, who has been identified by family as 32-year-old Philando Castile. The Facebook Live video is graphic in nature and has explicit language.

Reynolds spoke Thursday morning outside the Governor's Mansion, after being released from police custody.

She said she was held until 5 a.m. and was "treated like a prisoner." She added that she wasn't even told that Castile had died until 3 a.m.

"I will not be able to sleep until I get justice," she said, through tears. "I need justice, I need peace."

Reynolds was consoled by friends and family as she spoke, talking about how all of this transpired in front of her 4-year-old daughter.

"My daughter will be forever scarred," she said. "He took his last breath in front of us."

Reynolds said her daughter has remained strong through everything, describing her as her "warrior."

"Without this angel on my side, I would never have been able to make it through this," she said. She told the crowd her daughter has been her life line, telling her to stay strong and that she would never leave her side.

The girl is not Castile's but Reynolds said he raised her and took care of her "as if she was his."

"And without him, I don't know how we will be able to move forward from this," she said.

She also had strong words for the police officer who pulled the trigger, calling for accountability and justice.

"He should not be home with his family," she said. "He should be somewhere in jail, handcuffed."

Reynolds said Wednesday started out as a typical day of running errands. They went to pick up groceries and get Castile a new haircut for his birthday next week.

Reynolds spoke to questions she's gotten about why she decided to broadcast Castile's death saying, "I wanted the world to know."

She said she started recording after the shooting because "if I would have moved when that gun was out, he would have shot me too."

"I chose to allow the video to go live 10 seconds before my phone died because I wanted everyone in the world to see what the police do and how they roll and it's not right," Reynolds said. "I didn't do it for pity. I didn't do it for fame. I did it so that the world knows that these police are not here to protect and serve us. They are here to assassinate us."

In the nine-minute video she posted to her Facebook page, Reynolds said police pulled over Castile for a broken tail light (which wasn't broken) and that her boyfriend told the officer he was carrying a licensed gun.

He was reaching for his identification, Reynolds said, when the officer shot him in his upper body.

Reynolds narrates the video while Castile appears unconscious next to her in the car. His white T-shirt is stained with blood.

A police officer holding a gun on Castile says, "I told him not to reach for it!"

"You told him to get his ID, sir. His driver's license," Reynolds replies.

Reynolds, according to her Facebook profile, lives in Indianapolis. However, she has been in St. Paul, Minn. since at least June 30 according to her Facebook posts.

The video shows Reynolds realizing that Castile has died and then she follows police orders to get out of the car and on to her knees, before being arrested.