Know your area:
- Check evacuation maps for your county and know what zone you are in.
- Know where a shelter or other safe places are located in case you need to leave your home.
Know your supplies:
- Be sure to have plenty of water
- You should have a gallon of water per family member per day
- Stock up on non-perishable foods
Important supplies to have during hurricane season:
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Battery operated radio
- Fire extinguisher
Have a communication plan:
- Have a plan set up for you and your family.
- Complete a contact card for all family members with names, numbers and email addresses.
Prepare a first aid kit filled with:
- Bandages, antiseptic wipes, instant ice pack, adhesive tape and scissors