2021 Virginia Democratic Primary Election Results
This is where you can get real-time election results for the June 2021 Democratic Primary Election in Virginia. Among the offices on the ballot are governor, lieutenant governor, and attorney general. There also is a single Republican primary for some voters in Hampton Roads.
Those Democrats hoping to win their party's nomination for governor are Jennifer Carroll Foy, Jennifer McClellan, Justin Fairfax, Lee Carter, and Terry McCauliffe. The candidates for lieutenant governor are: Andria McClellan, Elizabeth Guzman, Hala Ayala, Mark Levine, Sam Rasoul, Sean Perryman, and Xavier Warren. Only two names appear on the ballot for attorney general: Jay Jones and incumbent Mark Herring.
There are faceoffs for districts in the House of Delegates in which some people in Hampton Roads will vote. Incumbent Steve Heretick in Portsmouth hopes to beat out Dante' Walston and Nadarius Clark. Kimberly Melnyk faces Tracie Liguid in Virginia Beach. Incumbent Jay Jones, who is running for lieutenant governor, will look to win against Hannah Kinder if he doesn’t secure the other nomination.
Republicans Timothy Anderson, Philip Kazmierczak, and Chris Stolle are vying for the GOP nomination for Virginia House District 83 in Virginia Beach.
Additionally, Hampton and Norfolk have some city races on primary day.
Results updated every 2 minutes or less (some races may update less frequently).
Attorney GeneralPrecincts: 2,584 / 2,584 (100% reporting)
GovernorPrecincts: 2,584 / 2,584 (100% reporting)
Lt GovernorPrecincts: 2,584 / 2,584 (100% reporting)
- Gov. Northam just signed the Voting Rights Act of Virginia. Here's the protections it offers voters in the Commonwealth.
- Early voting in Virginia starts Friday
- Activists host rally at Texas Capitol against newly passed controversial laws
- Virginia Redistricting Commission hears how race plays role in elections, as clock ticks for new maps
- Marchers in DC and across the US call on Congress to bolster voting rights
- Poll puts McAuliffe 9 points ahead of Youngkin in Virginia governor's race
- Virginia Republicans file suit over McAuliffe's paperwork in governor's race
- Virginia Redistricting Commission agrees to start fresh with blank voting maps
- North Carolina judges: More felony offenders can now vote
- Election officials face complex challenges looking to 2022