2022 Virginia and North Carolina Midterm Election Results
This is where you can get real-time election results for the November 8, 2022, General Election in Virginia and North Carolina. This is a midterm election year, and control of both the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate are up for grabs. One of the most closely-watched races in the country is for Virginia's 2nd Congressional District, where Democratic incumbent Elaine Luria is being challenged by Republican State Senator Jen Kiggans.
There are many local school board and city council races across Hampton Roads, including in Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Virginia Beach. In Newport News, Mayor McKinley Price has opted not to seek a fourth term, leaving the office wide open for the four candidates running to take his place.
In North Carolina, there are several races to watch, including an open U.S. Senate seat that is being fought between Republican Ted Budd and Democrat Cheri Beasley. North Carolina's 1st Congressional District is also up for grabs between Democratic State Senator Don Davis and Republican Sandy Smith, who has been endorsed by former President Donald Trump. North Carolina's other races include several judicial positions as well other state contests, and federal and local races.
Click for full map
US House / VA District 2Precincts: 246 / 247 (99% reporting)
US Senate / NCPrecincts: 2,655 / 2,655 (100% reporting)
Newport News MayorPrecincts: 47 / 47 (100% reporting)
US House / NC District 1Precincts: 266 / 266 (100% reporting)
Chesapeake City CouncilPrecincts: 67 / 67 (100% reporting)
Portsmouth City CouncilPrecincts: 34 / 34 (100% reporting)
- Virginia Beach wants feedback from residents on their election system
- McClellan wins special election for Virginia’s 4th District
- Use these tools to see if you can vote in the special House election in Virginia's 4th District
- Historic implications for Tuesday's special election in Virginia's 4th District
- Virginia 4th District special election set for Feb. 21
- Virginia Beach considers public input for 10-1 election system
- Aaron Rouse claims victory in Virginia 7th District Special Election
- One last pitch: Candidates vying for 7th Senate District meet with voters on Election Day
- Can I vote in the special election for Virginia's 7th Senate District?
- Special Election Day: Rouse and Adams are vying for Virginia’s 7th Senate District