2021 Virginia Democratic Primary Election Results
This is where you can get real-time election results for the June 2021 Democratic Primary Election in Virginia. Among the offices on the ballot are governor, lieutenant governor, and attorney general. There also is a single Republican primary for some voters in Hampton Roads.
Those Democrats hoping to win their party's nomination for governor are Jennifer Carroll Foy, Jennifer McClellan, Justin Fairfax, Lee Carter, and Terry McCauliffe. The candidates for lieutenant governor are: Andria McClellan, Elizabeth Guzman, Hala Ayala, Mark Levine, Sam Rasoul, Sean Perryman, and Xavier Warren. Only two names appear on the ballot for attorney general: Jay Jones and incumbent Mark Herring.
There are faceoffs for districts in the House of Delegates in which some people in Hampton Roads will vote. Incumbent Steve Heretick in Portsmouth hopes to beat out Dante' Walston and Nadarius Clark. Kimberly Melnyk faces Tracie Liguid in Virginia Beach. Incumbent Jay Jones, who is running for lieutenant governor, will look to win against Hannah Kinder if he doesn’t secure the other nomination.
Republicans Timothy Anderson, Philip Kazmierczak, and Chris Stolle are vying for the GOP nomination for Virginia House District 83 in Virginia Beach.
Additionally, Hampton and Norfolk have some city races on primary day.
Results updated every 2 minutes or less (some races may update less frequently).
Attorney GeneralPrecincts: 2,584 / 2,584 (100% reporting)
GovernorPrecincts: 2,584 / 2,584 (100% reporting)
Lt GovernorPrecincts: 2,584 / 2,584 (100% reporting)
- Virginia Beach citizens raise concern at public hearing for the voting system
- 2 women vie to make history as Virginia lieutenant governor
- McAuliffe win sets up Virginia clash with outsider Youngkin
- Former Governor Terry McAuliffe wins Democratic Primary
- Herring holds off Jones in attorney general primary challenge
- Ayala wins Democratic nomination for lieutenant governor
- Several Virginia House incumbents ousted in primary
- Polls close following low voter turnout across Hampton Roads on primary day
- A guide to what's on the ballot in Virginia's primary
- Real-time Results: Virginia Primary