2020 Virginia and North Carolina Election Results
This is where you can get real-time election results for the November 2020 General Election in Virginia and North Carolina. In addition to the presidential contest in which President Donald Trump is facing challenger Joe Biden, other hot races you can track include the one for Virginia's 2nd Congressional District. Republican Scott Taylor takes on Democrat Elaine Luria. The incumbent congresswoman unseated Taylor during their last match up.
There are mayoral races in some Hampton Roads cities. Virginia Beach voters decide whether Mayor Bobby Dyer continues in the role. He faces two opponents: Jody Wagner and Richard "RK" Kowalewitch. Several candidates hope to become the new mayor of Portsmouth: Paul Battle, Shannon Glover, Tony Goodwin, Danny Meeks, Cliff Page, and Donna Sayegh.
Portsmouth and Norfolk each have a referendum related to casino gaming/gambling on the ballot.
In North Carolina, there are several races to watch, including the gubernatorial one. Democratic Governor Roy Cooper faces challenges from Republican Dan Forest, Libertarian Steven DiFore, and Constitution Party candidate Al Pisano. North Carolina's other races include lieutenant governor and attorney general, as well as other state contests, and federal and local races.
Click for full map
Results updated every 2 minutes or less (some races may update less frequently).
President / VAPrecincts: 2,585 / 2,585 (100% reporting)
President / NCPrecincts: 2,662 / 2,662 (100% reporting)
US Senate / VAPrecincts: 2,585 / 2,585 (100% reporting)
US House / VA District 1Precincts: 244 / 244 (100% reporting)
US House / VA District 2Precincts: 183 / 183 (100% reporting)
US House / VA District 3Precincts: 207 / 207 (100% reporting)
US House / VA District 4Precincts: 270 / 270 (100% reporting)
VA Amendment RedistrictingPrecincts: 2,583 / 2,585 (99% reporting)
VA Amendment Vets' Tax ExemptPrecincts: 2,585 / 2,585 (100% reporting)
Portsmouth MayorPrecincts: 32 / 32 (100% reporting)
Portsmouth City CouncilPrecincts: 32 / 32 (100% reporting)
VA Beach MayorPrecincts: 101 / 101 (100% reporting)
Norfolk Ref CasinoPrecincts: 49 / 49 (100% reporting)
Portsmouth Ref CasinoPrecincts: 32 / 32 (100% reporting)
NC State Senate District 1Precincts: 90 / 90 (100% reporting)
- Trump says he'll leave White House if Electoral College seats Biden, promises Georgia rally
- Applications for Virginia redistricting commission open Monday
- AP: Biden becomes first presidential candidate with 80 million votes in historic victory
- North Carolina certifies November general election results
- Michigan board certifies election for Joe Biden
- President Trump's legal team cried vote fraud, but courts found none
- Gov. Kemp calls voting irregularities unacceptable, demands better in Senate runoffs
- Claim that Trump 'was never given an orderly transition of power' is false
- Trump team requests recount of Georgia presidential vote
- Wisconsin officials say Trump observers obstructing recount
- Judge throws out Trump's bid to stop Pennsylvania vote certification
- Pro-and-anti Trump demonstrators are making their voices heard in Atlanta
- A look at President Trump's long-shot election legal challenges
- Georgia Secretary of State's office says hand audit of election complete
- Romney: Trump's efforts to overturn election 'undemocratic'