2023 Virginia Primary Election Results
This is where you can get real-time election results for the June 20, 2023, Primary Election in Virginia. Both chambers of the General Assembly — the Virginia House of Delegates and the Virginia Senate — are up for grabs in November. In this primary election, Republicans and Democrats are choosing their nominees for that November general election.
In the House of Delegates, Hampton Roads Democrats are nominating candidates in the 82nd, 84th, 92nd, 95th, and 96th Districts, while Republicans are nominating candidates in the 84th and 94th Districts. Due to redistricting, Democratic Del. Nadarius Clark is running in a new district, the 84th, where he is facing off against Michele Joyce. Meanwhile, incumbent Democratic Del. Kelly Convirs-Fowler is facing three challengers in the 96th District.
Over in the Senate, local Democrats have primaries in the 13th, 18th, and 21st Districts while Republicans have primaries in the 17th and 19th Districts. Perhaps one of the biggest primaries in the entire state is the 18th District race where no matter who wins, an incumbent loses: redistricting has merged Sen. Louise Lucas and Sen. Lionell Spruill into a single district, forcing the two Democratic incumbents to run against each other. Another incumbent facing a primary challenge is controversial Democratic Sen. Joe Morrissey, who is running against Lashrecse Aird to be the nominee in November.
Virginia Senate 18th DistrictPrecincts: 66 / 66 (100% reporting)
Virginia Senate 21st DistrictPrecincts: 44 / 44 (100% reporting)
Virginia House 96th DistrictPrecincts: 19 / 19 (100% reporting)
- Abortion rights, tax cuts some of many key issues top of voters' minds as early voting kicks off
- Early voting for Virginia's November 2023 elections starts Friday
- It's National Voter Registration Day. Here's everything you need to know to vote in Virginia.
- Fundraising for Virginia's 2023 November Elections sets record total for both parties and chambers — what else voters need to know
- Virginia Decides: Education, abortion remain key issues ahead of early voting
- Sen. Mitt Romney won't seek reelection in 2024
- REV UP Virginia hosts disability voting rights event in Norfolk
- Hampton Roads voters file federal lawsuit that aims to keep Trump off the ballot in Virginia
- DNC pumps $1.2M into Virginia's 2023 elections as Youngkin breaks fundraising records
- Democrat Missy Cotter Smasal launches 2024 campaign for House seat held by Jen Kiggans