NORFOLK, Va. — With much of Hampton Roads and northeastern North Carolina predicted to get a blanket of snow, organizations around the area are adjusting their hours to keep people safe and at home.
Staying home keeps you safe, and helps crews who are out trying to clear snow and ice off the roads.
This list isn't exhaustive, so make sure you check with a business or office to confirm they're open before you leave the house Thursday through Saturday.
This story is being updated as more closure announcements come in.
- Virginia Beach City Public Schools will have an asynchronous learning day on Jan. 21. Before and after-school programs run by Parks and Recreation will be canceled.
- Hampton City Schools will utilize virtual teaching and learning on Jan. 21. All K-12 students will participate in teacher-led live Zoom lessons.
- Portsmouth Public Schools is closing all schools and administrative offices on Jan. 21.
- Newport News Public Schools will have a virtual teaching and learning day with all staff working remotely on Jan. 21. School activities and athletic events are canceled.
- The York County School Division will have a virtual learning day on Jan. 21.
- Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools will have a snow day for students and a remote workday for staff on Jan. 21.
- Edenton-Chowan Schools will have students switch to a remote learning day on Jan. 21. School buildings will be closed.
- Norfolk Public Schools will be closed on Jan 21 due to inclement weather. If you still need a Grab and Go meal, click here for more information on how you can get food.
- York County School Division will operate with a virtual learning day on Jan. 21. For instructions on how to help your child log in for virtual learning, click here. Essential staff will report on-site as directed.
- Suffolk Public Schools will be closed on Jan. 21.
- Chesapeake Public Schools will be closed on Jan. 21.
- Mathews County Public Schools will be closed on Jan. 21.
- Accomack County Public Schools will be closed on Jan. 21. 12-month employees will work from home.
- Southampton County Public Schools will be closed on Jan. 21.
- Poquoson City Schools will be closed on Jan. 21. Virtual instruction.
- The City of Chesapeake offices, courts, community centers and libraries will be closed on Jan. 21. Officials will share updates by Sunday evening for the Monday schedule.
- Chowan County Offices will be closed on Jan. 21.
- The City of Williamsburg will be closing its offices at 2 p.m. on Jan. 20.
- All courts in the city of Portsmouth closed at 1 p.m. on Jan. 20 and will remain closed on Jan. 21.
- James City County Government offices are closing at 3 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 20.
- City of Hampton offices and other buildings, including libraries and community centers, will remain closed on Jan. 21.
- The City of Suffolk's offices will close at noon on Friday, Jan. 21.
- The City of Norfolk government offices and libraries will be closed from Jan. 21-Jan. 23. Additionally, the city said all its recreation center would remain closed on Jan. 22 and Jan. 23. The same was true for Norfolk Animal Care and Adoption Center.
- Virginia Beach's offices and facilities will not be open for business on Jan. 21. The city will only perform essential functions, like public safety and public infrastructure.
COVID-19 vaccine/testing clinics
- The Virginia Beach DPH has canceled all testing and vaccine clinics scheduled for Jan. 20 through Jan. 22.
- The Portsmouth Health Department's Jan. 20 COVID-19 testing clinic is canceled.
- Virginia Department of Health community testing and vaccine centers will close early on Jan. 20.
- The Military Circle Mall CVC and CTC, and the Newport News Sherwood CVC and CTC, will close at 5 p.m. on Jan 21., and will stay closed through Saturday (Jan. 22) and Sunday (Jan. 23). They will reopen on Monday.
- Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek - Fort Story in Virginia Beach will operate under "Mission Essential Personnel" for Jan. 21.
- All Hampton Roads Community Health Centers will be closed on Jan. 21. Operations will continue virtually. This includes the Hampton Roads Community Health Center in Portsmouth, Park Place Family Medical Center in Norfolk, CommuniCare Family Health Center in Norfolk, Ocean View Medical and Dental Center in Norfolk and Little Creek Family Health Center in Norfolk.